DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   knob and tube (

streetneons 01-06-2014 08:25 PM

knob and tube
So I understand how to identify knob and tube when looking behind walls, or in the attic area. But what about in the electrical panel, what are the signs that the wiring is knob and tube if looking side the panel area? And if they update the panel from fuese to breakers can they still use the knob and tube wiring in the panel?

Jim Port 01-06-2014 08:36 PM

K&T can be brought into a new panel. It just requires a slot cut in the metal between the hot and neutrals between the knockouts.

Gymschu 01-06-2014 08:52 PM

Wow, most insurance companies now insist on removing the knob and tube and eliminating fuse boxes altogether. I know in my home, my insurance co. gave me one week after an inspection to get it done.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.