DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Kidde Smoke Alarm Battery Replacement

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  e-Andy 
#1 ·
Hi, I've just replaced the battery for my Kidde smoke alarm model KN-COSM-IBCA. It seems to be alright right now but I'm not sure if the process of it was done correctly. The alarm was saying "Low Battery Detected" every minute or so but the green led was blinking.

So first I turned off the smoking alarm power downstairs in the basement. Now it stopped saying "Low Battery Detected" but now it did a single beep and the green light did blink once in a while. I'm just guessing that's because it's still on with the battery. I took the alarm off from the AC power from the ceiling. And it just kept on beeping and saying stuff so I quickly replaced the battery and hooked it back onto the ceiling. Then it was saying "Carbon Monoxide detected" for both my alarms and I think it eventually stopped. I turned the smoke alarm power back on and it kept beeping for a bit and then stopped.

I'd like to know if I've done anything wrong and how I can change the process for the future, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.