Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #1

Share |

Jacuzzi won't turn off

We have a Jacuzzi Espree 6060 that we recently purchased (used, but in good condition) and installed. The motor is plugged in to an outlet with a timer. The first time we tested it, we turned the timer on and it immediately came on. I tried pushing the on/off switch and it would not turn off. So we turned the timer off to turn it off. I haven't closed it in yet, so I still have access to everything. I pulled the air tube off the on/off switch and checked to make sure it was pushing air out. It is. I pulled the switch off at the motor to check it also. I can hear it click when air is applied to it (tried it with a straw, then reconnected the air tube and tried it from the on/off switch.) I reinstalled the switch, connected the air tube, and gave it another try. When I turned the timer on, the jacuzzi did not come on. I thought, well, so far so good. I pushed the on button and it came on. I pushed it again and it turned off. Success! But that was short lived. I cycled it about 3 more times with success. And then on the last try, it stayed on. Won't turn off, unless I turn off the timer, which is several feet away on another wall. So you have to get out of the tub to turn it off, or let it time out. So now I'm back to where I started. Does this sound like the switch on the motor is bad? And if so, does anyone know a part # or where I can buy one? The owner's manual has no parts list. Couldn't find anything on the Jacuzzi website either. And I can't talk to them until Monday. Don't mind waiting, but thought some of you guys may have some ideas. Thanks in advance.
hand_in_ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Semi-Pro Electro-Geek

Jacuzzi won't turn off

Sounds like the air switch is going bad. They are pretty much generic and lots of places online sell replacements.
mpoulton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mpoulton For This Useful Post:
hand_in_ga (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #3

Jacuzzi won't turn off

Thanks for the reply. I didn't get off work in time to call Jacuzzi. I'll have to catch them tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #4

Jacuzzi won't turn off

Update

Well I ordered the air switch online and replaced it and it worked like a champ. Thanks again for the response.