Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #1

Share |

I need help finding a light socket

My son pulled the chain out of my ceiling fan, so I went to replace the pull chain switch, but ran into a problem. The pull chain switch is in the light socket itself, and I cannot fit a wire nut in there in order to reconnect the lower wire. My experience with wiring goes about that far, using wire nuts to connect them. I attached a picture of the socket below. It takes two 13W CFL bulbs and has the lock in base. I am either looking for where I can buy this type of socket or how to safely reconnect the lower wire. I do not know the brand/model of the fan otherwise I would have just bought a new lighting kit for it. Unfortunately none of the fans in my house have a plate with a name or any indication of the brand. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
I need help finding a light socket-light-socket.jpg  

harper2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
JOATMON

That looks like a GU24 socket.....you should be able to go to the manuf and get another one.

I wouldn't depend on the big box stores to carry them yet....so some reason they don't seem to understand that part....

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
harper2007 (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #3

Awesome, Thank you. For some reason I thought the manufacturer of the fan would have been the same for the socket. I looked at it and found the manufacturer and part number, and found a couple sites that look like they might have it. I appreciate the help
harper2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
Retired from the grind

Any hardware store that has fans, will have them. May not match the same color, but it will work. As for brand and model, just undo the screws and there should be a label inside the wiring housing, or manufacturer stamp.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote