how to remove timer box for hallway lights at apartment building
I have a "timer box" that is located below the owner electrical panel at my apartment building. It is old (probably from when the building was built in 1970). It was used I believe to turn on the lights automatically at night and to have them turn off in the day. I don't need it as I have installed lights with motion sensors built into them for the hallways. So, I would like to remove the timer box.
The wiring is as follows:
Neutral terminal on timer box: white wire going to neutral bar on owner panel
Terminal labeled 2 on timer box: blue wire which connects with a wire nut to a black wire that is in a a romex cable that runs to certain hallway lights I believe
Terminal labeled L on timer box: black wire which connects with a wire nut to two other black wires. One of these black wires goes to a 15 amp breaker on the owner electrical panel. the other black wire connects to a romex cable that runs to certain hallway lights I believe.
I think what I need to do is the following:
1. Remove white white wire from timer box that goes to neutral bar
2. Remove blue wire from timer box
3. Remove black wire from timer box
4. Wirenut together the black wires from the two separate romex cables to the pigtail wire that runs to the 15 amp breaker so that both of these black wires from the two separate romex cables feed into the 15 amp breaker.
5. Remove the timer box as nothing is connected to it at this point.
Let me know if this makes sense. thx!
here is a picture of it
Here is a picture of the timer box
And you are........?
I am the owner and handyman.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.