How Much Electricity Can I Use In My Little Studio? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How much electricity can I use in my little studio?

In the near future I plan to purchase 2 ballasts to power 2 400w hid lights, 4 timers 2 small oscillating fans, 2 small water pumps and an exhaust fan. but I'm concerned that my room can't handle all that. I live in a studio apartment so I only have 2 outlets in the room and intend to use a multi-strip. I took a look at the breaker switch and it has the following printed on it:
C 16
~230/400v
______
10000 |
______|
|3|

L7-16/1/C

Basically, I want to know if I can use all those appliances together safely and successfully and if so what types of appliances should I purchase (i.e. voltage) in order to use those appliances to their fullest capabilites.
All responses from professional electricians greatly appreciated. If you ain't a pro please don't waist my time or your's

Advertisement

strik90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Hmmmmmm.......I sure hope we aren't doing anything "illegal" by the way your describing this.

Advertisement

seansy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

The only way to figure it out is if you give us the wattage of every appliance. What I see so far is most likely 16a x 220v= 3520w.
frenchelectrican (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansy59
Hmmmmmm.......I sure hope we aren't doing anything "illegal" by the way your describing this.
Well It just isn't the states
frenchelectrican (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
" Euro " electrician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by strik90 View Post
In the near future I plan to purchase 2 ballasts to power 2 400w hid lights, 4 timers 2 small oscillating fans, 2 small water pumps and an exhaust fan. but I'm concerned that my room can't handle all that. I live in a studio apartment so I only have 2 outlets in the room and intend to use a multi-strip. I took a look at the breaker switch and it has the following printed on it:
C 16
~230/400v
______
10000 |
______|
|3|

L7-16/1/C

Basically, I want to know if I can use all those appliances together safely and successfully and if so what types of appliances should I purchase (i.e. voltage) in order to use those appliances to their fullest capabilites.
All responses from professional electricians greatly appreciated. If you ain't a pro please don't waist my time or your's
I live in France so I am not sure which area ya from but let get to the chase you have Class C breaker rated at 16 amp and this is not a RCD breaker so you may have a older one our modern one are rated little differnt.

For the max wattage you will have no issue with it you can sling up much as 3520 watts but just don't go over 3 KW load on this one and sencie you are renting a flat ( apartment ) there you should talk to the landlord to see if they willing to add a addtional circuit or not.

Merci,
Marc
Old 03-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansy59 View Post
Illegal in your state perhaps....

Advertisement

LooseSCruz is offline   Reply With Quote