DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

how to move elec outlet in oven cabinet

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rjniles 
#1 ·
My built in microwave died and I have received a new GE Advantium Oven to replace it. It is the 120V model so I don't need to worry about the 240V issue, but upon reading the install instructions, the outlet must be in the upper right corner. They want it 9 inches off the base of the cabinet and within 6 inches from the side of the cabinet. The height is fine but it is currently located in the middle of the width of cabinet.

Is this something a do it yourselfer can do, or should I hire an electrician? How do I go about this?

#2 ·
My built in microwave died and I have received a new GE Advantium Oven to replace it. It is the 120V model so I don't need to worry about the 240V issue, but upon reading the install instructions, the outlet must be in the upper right corner. They want it 9 inches off the base of the cabinet and within 6 inches from the side of the cabinet. The height is fine but it is currently located in the middle of the width of cabinet.
Cut in an "old work" box at the new location. Run a wire from the current box to the new box (cut out drywall as needed- it will be covered by the microwave). Install receptical in new box. Spice wire in old box and install a blank cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.