Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #1

Share |

How does this bathroom exhaust fan junction box cover come off?? PIC

Hey guys,

I removed the cover on my exhaust fan to check for the serial number because of a recall and in doing so, when I took out the cover screw the whole cover and light assembly pulled down hard on the wiring inside the junction box so I must have knocked a wire loose somewhere. I checked all my breakers already. The fan/heater works but not the light, which is what wiring was pulled on when I removed the cover. I cannot figure out how to get this cover off. There are no screws and i have pryed and pryed.
Attached Thumbnails
How does this bathroom exhaust fan junction box cover come off?? PIC-2012-11-03_20-01-54_252.jpg  

tunabreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #2

Did you try changing the bulb?
Did you test for power where it plugs in right there where it says light after you turn on the switch with a multi meter?
I'm just not seeing how you could have knock a wire loose under that housing.
My guess if you do the test I suggested and it still does not work is that cap nut comes off to remove it.

Most likly cause is shaling up the bulb broke the filliment.

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
Did you try changing the bulb?
Did you test for power where it plugs in right there where it says light after you turn on the switch with a multi meter?
I'm just not seeing how you could have knock a wire loose under that housing.
My guess if you do the test I suggested and it still does not work is that cap nut comes off to remove it.

Most likly cause is shaling up the bulb broke the filliment.
The bulb is fine, tested with another known good one. Also checked the soldered connections on bulb socket. I know it has to be a loose wire because I plugged in the light connection and jiggled it and it worked, then jiggled some more and it stopped altogether. I'll check for power at the light connection. That is no cap nut, it appears to be a stud and there was no nut on it.
tunabreath is offline   Reply With Quote