How Do I Wire A Combo Switch Then On To A Receptacle Then On To Another Recepticle - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #1
HWU

Rewards Points: 38

How do I wire a combo switch then on to a receptacle then on to another recepticle

I've been remodeling the basement. I've have done everything but.... Wiring the recepticles and adding these to the service panel. I've run the wire but I leave the service panel to my electrical journeyman friend. I Have wired a recepticle here and there nothing complex, like I want to do, I've left it up to my friend. Here's the problem.... My friend recently had a heart problem, total bed rest for a month. I'am at a point where just one wiring situation is holding the rest of the job up. If I can get this done I can button up this area and move to the next. I can't move forward until this is done.

This is what I need to do:
How do I wire a switch combo then wire that to a recepticle then wire that to another recpticle. The whole line will not have more that 9 amps on it full load. Any help or web sites would be helpful. Thanks

Advertisement

HWU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:53 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,468

How do I wire a combo switch then on to a receptacle then on to another recepticle

Not that easy (at least for me). Where does the power come in....and what does the switch control??

Advertisement

ront02769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #3
A "Handy Husband"

Rewards Points: 2,790

What is the combo? 2 switches or a switch & receptacle? What are you doing? Half switched receptacles?
Old 03-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
A "Handy Husband"

Rewards Points: 2,790

deleted
Old 03-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #5
HWU

The switch is going to turn on under counter lighting and we need the recpticle for anything to be pluged in like a sweeper or a food warmer.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #6
HWU

Lol I was just down the basement and looking at this wiring. It looks like this might be above my pay grade! (That's what I always tell the wife if I don't want to do something). I'm going to find a local electrician. Thanks for any input, appreciate it!
Old 03-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 984

HWU - hate to say this but I think your going to need on site help. My wiring skills are good and communication skills are fair but I could not safely explain to you how to do this. Twenty years ago I purchased a electrical wiring book written by Black Decker. It explains in detail with photos basic residential wiring. I still refer to it whenever I am unsure of a application.
Yodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:17 PM   #8
Electrician

Rewards Points: 594

Is this for your kitchen counter? If so you can not share the circuit between the lights and the counter receptacle.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #9
HWU

Darren, island in the basement..... But I want to thank the few who responded. The "certified" electrician is coming over Monday after his day job. So.... A few recepticles and switches to be wired up and on with the "project"

Thanks again!

Advertisement