Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Angry

House pre-wired surround sound

My house, when built, was wired with surround sound. Behind the TV is all the wires for the speakers in the ceiling. For the subwoofer there are two wires and behind my couch is a mysterious single rca type outlet. I'm assuming this is for placement of my subwoofer behind my couch. My question is why is there two wires on one end and a rca way on the other side of my room. I have a high end receiver which requires me to use a rca to rca connection so I can't place my subwoofer behind my couch.

How do they expect you to wire it and is this a rca for my subwoofer?

endorsedbytexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

House pre-wired surround sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by endorsedbytexas View Post
My house, when built, was wired with surround sound. Behind the TV is all the wires for the speakers in the ceiling. For the subwoofer there are two wires and behind my couch is a mysterious single rca type outlet. I'm assuming this is for placement of my subwoofer behind my couch. My question is why is there two wires on one end and a rca way on the other side of my room. I have a high end receiver which requires me to use a rca to rca connection so I can't place my subwoofer behind my couch.

How do they expect you to wire it and is this a rca for my subwoofer?
You should be able to attach an RCA/phono plug adapter to the wires so that you can hook up to your receiver. RadioShack can probably get you the necessary parts without any trouble.

clashley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pre-wired, subwoofer, surround sound