Hot Tub - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Hot Tub

Have a Master Spa hot tub that suddenly stopped working. Getting power (220) to junction box at tub but that's it. Nothing on the tub works. I have replaced two 25 amp fuses but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Advertisement

doyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Hot Tub

What I would do is get a wiring diagram (schematic diagram) for the hot tub and test various points with a multimeter. But then I know electronics, understand what all the various components are for, how they *should* work, know how to read electrical diagrams, and I understand how to safely test these things.*

If you don't understand electronics, then there would be no point in testing anything since you would not know what various parts should be doing. In that case, call a repairman.

*I would estimate it would take at least two years of learning to fully understand something like a hot tub control panel. Sort of like a dentist fixing a cavity in a tooth. Looks easy, but takes years of learning!

Advertisement

Billy_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
" Euro " electrician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Hot Tub

Did you check the GFCI device ?

If not then a good chance you should check it out it can be on the wall near the spa tub or inside of the unit.

This part I will suggest try that first and check any connection along the way if it is loose or not.

Once you verify the GFCI is working then you will have to do little more troubleshooting.

Merci,Marc
frenchelectrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Hot Tub

Thanks for the replies. Not the gfci, it's working properly. I think it might be one of three other fuses that I overlooked before. One was pretty well hidden. If that's not the problem will have to call repairman.
doyce is offline   Reply With Quote