Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #1

Share |

hook up a US LG electric Dryer In europe

hi
i just bought an LG electric dryer, 3 wires, when i took it to Europe, we could not install it, the fact that in Europe it is 220v with one wire and one neutral, but the dryer has 2 hots (L1, 120v, L2, 120v and 1 neutral), please if you can help figure this one out, i am ready to buy maybe a special transformer
thanks in advance

Last edited by BigJim; 05-12-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Dup thread
castello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

you will need a converter to make it work. Post this question in the electrical section and I'm sure someone can tell you exactly what you need

castello (05-12-2013)
Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
Retired from the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwareman View Post
you will need a converter to make it work. Post this question in the electrical section and I'm sure someone can tell you exactly what you need
You left out the fact that it will be one large sized converter for where the OP lives. Majority of those systems are three phased systems, also are 50hz.

Their best bet if they are in the military, is just place back into storage, or pay to have it shipped back to someone here in the states. It does amaze me, the sheer large number of people that purchase goods here in the states, to take with them overseas, or vice versa, only to find that the goods will not work when they end up on either side of the pond.

Nothing they can do with that unit, unless they can either 1) Find someone coming back stateside and willing to go through the costs to ship back, or if in the military, the military will ship back, or 2) Sell to a buyer here in the states, and they are willing to pay duties & fees for getting it through customs.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
" Euro " electrician

I will not really mess it around and just get the European spec'ed dryer and be done with it.

Due the dryer motuer on Americian spec'ed is 120 volts and our European electrical system is 240 volt line to netural and run on 50 HZ supply.

And wiring conferation is differnt for European spec'ed units than Americian spec'ed units.

By time you spend money on the 240 volt motours ( get this due you will have main drum/ fan motuer et timer moteur if have there )

You could get a conventail European spec'ed dryer on that cost.

Where ya in Europe?

I am in France.

Our French dryer circuits is typically 32 amp but there are some smaller dryer circuits are wired on 24 amp circuit.

( we have different receptale as well )

Merci,
Marc
BigJim (05-12-2013), gregzoll (05-13-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #5

..."the fact that in Europe it is 220v..."

Oh.
“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
ccarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote