DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Honeywell CT410B..will it work with ceiling heat too?

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  kiki1970 
#1 ·
We currently have radiant ceiling heat in our 40s era home (tho the heat was added in the 60s for sure). I am trying to replace the thermostat in the "main zone". The one we have looks cool, but needs to be replaced and is original. It is a CEILHEAT brand model CHT-S. On it says 22A 125/250 V.A.C. Only Single Line Break. (Knoxville, TN).

I was trying to find a replacement and found only a Honeywell manual model CT410B, which says it is for baseboard heating. http://www.honeywellcentral.com/pro...boardline-volt-thermostat-ct410b-120-240-277v

The specs look like it would work and since bother are radiant and work very much in the same way, is this a suitable replacement? Thanks!

Mike

#8 ·
I bought cheap Honeywell non programmable thermostat with digital display and it have setting for fun controlled heating. But it does not have always on display lit option.

I bought some slelpro zwave thermostats for home, it have always on display lit option, but does not have option for fun heaters.

As I think thermostat can power heater to 25, 50, 75 or 100% of power, this no good for heater with fun, motor will break.

I dont know what celling heater OP have, I believe he refer to heater with fun.

I have celling heater in garage and it wired from 30 or 40A breaker and made hard click when turning on, I believe it have relay inside and can be used with any thermostat

#4 · (Edited)
Ceiling radiant heat replacement thermostats

Background, we're in the process of selling my mother-in-law's 1962 ranch house with GE ceiling radiant heat. Inspector was not famaliar with the system and his write up scared the buyers. The old thermostats all worked but ran about 10 degrees hot. They insisted on new digital thermostats.

As with yours the old thermostats were single pole, 2-wire (only one black and one red wire), rated at 120/240 V 22 amps (5000W). I could not find any digital thermostats rated above 4000W. So I checked each line with a clamp meter (bought at Lowe's) and found that of the 11 room circuits the highest load was about 9.5 amps, the lowest was 2 amps. While I was doing this I discovered that the red wire on each circuit had a crimped on label stamped with model number, voltage, and power. Sure enough the circuit with the 9.5 amp load was labeled 2300W and the 2 amp circuit was labeled 500W.

I purchased and installed Aube (Honeywell) TH401 non-programmable digital thermostats rated for 120/240V 2500W. I found them online for less than $30 each.

They work well, accurate and silent.

That's my recent experience. I need more information to help with your specific question as to the CT410B. You mention that your system is single pole (single line break) but you did not mention if it was single pole 2-wire or single pole 4-wire.

#5 ·
Ceiling radiant heat replacement thermostats

Background, we're in the process of selling my mother-in-law's 1962 ranch house with GE ceiling radiant heat. Inspector was not famaliar with the system and his write up scared the buyers. The old thermostats all worked but ran about 10 degrees hot. They insisted on new digital thermostats.

As with yours the old thermostats were single pole, 2-wire (only one black and one red wire), rated at 120/240 V 22 amps (5000W). I could not find any digital thermostats rated above 4000W. So I checked each line with a clamp meter (bought at Lowe's) and found that of the 11 room circuits the highest load was about 9.5 amps, the lowest was 2 amps. While I was doing this I discovered that the red wire on each circuit had a crimped on label stamped with model number, voltage, and power. Sure enough the circuit with the 9.5 amp load was labeled 2300W and the 2 amp circuit was labeled 500W.

I purchased and installed Aube (Honeywell) TH401 non-programmable digital thermostats rated for 120/240V 2500W. I found them online for less than $30 each.

They work well, accurate and silent.

That's my recent experience. I need more information to help with your specific question as to the CT410B. You mention that your system is single pole (single line break) but you did not mention if it was single pole 2-wire or single pole 4-wire.
Not sure if you're still following this thread, but your reply was helpful to me. Any chance that the old t-stats you replaced looked like the attached photo? I'm wondering what to do about the heat/cool switch because there's no AC, only radiant heat from my ceiling. Thank you . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.