Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:45 AM   #1

Share |

Home Automation

I have been very interested in the Home Automation industry and have tried to find whatever info about installation as i could but find it very difficult. I have been looking at the C-Bus Clipsal system the most, but all of the training is done on the east coast whereas I live in hawaii so that makes it difficult. Anyone know of a good Home Automation system (lighting control mainly with in wall and wireless touchscreens)an that has alot of info available to consumers/DIY'ers?
Also I have found an online course through Cleveland Institute of Electronics that has a Home Automation course, but it does not give great detail as to what the course entails. Any info would be much appreciated.
Also does Home Automation seem to be a very "closed group" (for lack of a better word)to anyone else? Meaning you HAVE to be in the industry to really learn the installation/programming techniques and indepth info not really available to the general public and only to certified installers. But I could be completely wrong and just not looking in the right place.

williamj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
WFO

Home Automation

I can' t answer your question, but I would point out that all the new AMI (Advanced Metering Initiatives) standards being tossed around will most likely end up using Zigbee as the defacto standard.
I would make sure whatever training you find involves being familiar with whatever "soon-to-be-required" interfaces the idiots promoting this program eventually come up with.

WFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #3

Home Automation

I am also very interested in automation concepts. Its very interesting and I'll enjoy working with Automation tools. I too want much more info regarding automation tools.

Thanks,
chandrika is offline   Reply With Quote