Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Hi Everyone and I need help

Hi to all. I moved into my new house 11-08. The so called inspector, here , in middle of no where rural NV did the inspection, but didn't check to see what worked and what didn't. I had no hot water, 2 dead GFI plugs in laundry room, heater not working properly and 3 AFI plugs tripping. 2 have been "repair" and the rest is incomplete. My question..the AFI's tripping all the time in master bed & bathrooms.Plus in two rooms, where nothing is even plugged in!! Just love having to go to breaker box at all hours to re trip the AFI breaker.. All I have plugged in aster bed is a new lamp and alarm clock. master bath is a toothbrush.. As I said, downstairs bed& bath,.nothing and they all still trip.. The so called builder said he won't change them and since I now have the certificate of occupancy..he still won't.. This is very annoying..What can I do? There isn't much in Electricians around her.Matter of fact, there isn;t much of anything in the rural area.All licence contractor have to come from Cedar City, Utah or Las Vegas and that cost big bucks.. HELP..

iblyn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #2

Thanks for the post...I think I will move it to a place where you may get more answers...instead of introductions...

Welcome!

Floorwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #3

Thank you..
Old 01-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #4

You inspector has liability for not informing you.

Josh Jaros
jaros bros. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros bros. View Post
You inspector has liability for not informing you.

Josh Jaros
I know that, but due to this guy not even doing a thing, (which I am finding out, I'm not the only one he didn't check properly)I can't get he building dept to back me up. Out here it's "their" rules.not code.. I have to hire a home inspection guy from Vegas to come up here to do a complete inspection. I guess I'm going to have to contact he Building Board in Las Vegas..
Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
DIYer

AFCI tripping with so little on the circuit indicates a wiring fault such as a bad splice. If you are confident doing so, you can check all the wire nuts in the boxes for a good solid connection. Look for damaged or abraded wires at the same time, and any signs of scorching that indicates previous arcing.
Gigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #7

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs View Post
AFCI tripping with so little on the circuit indicates a wiring fault such as a bad splice. If you are confident doing so, you can check all the wire nuts in the boxes for a good solid connection. Look for damaged or abraded wires at the same time, and any signs of scorching that indicates previous arcing.
Hi Gigs..Thank you. I think I'm going to have to do that and will find a licensed electrician to check that out. Since my builder did everything in this house and is not licensed, which I didn't know until a year after he started..oh this is such a mess.. I see that I'm going to have to fork out more bucks to get everything fixed right. This is just the beginning of a nightmare to be remedied..
Again, Thank you