DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Help on wiring and circuit breakers

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  udfxrookie 
#1 ·
So I'm working on wiring my garage in and wanted everyone's input on the "best" way to do the wiring. This room is going to be used mainly as a theater/media room, keep this in mind when providing input, thanks!

So I've attached a jpg of what the room looks like and some dimensions.
Key:
Grey - Circuit Breaker
Yellow - Lamps 1&2 wired together on a dimmer
Lamps 3&4 wired together on a dimmer
Lamps 5&6 wired together on a dimmer
Also want 3,4,5,6 to be able to turn on all at once with a switch aside from the dimmer.
Light Purple - Media Center (Computer, Dvd, Stereo)
Blue - Tv Setup
Light Blue - Mini Fridge
I will have a drop down projector in the ceiling, a drop down screen over the tv, and a ceiling fan.

Please provide any and all wiring tips. Including breaker size and appliance separation.

See less See more
#2 ·
This is just a fine point, but by lamps, do you mean sconces, or plug in floor lamps? If you want to dim floor lamps, you cannot have a receptacle on a dimmer. You have to have a lamp dimmer. If it's sconces, no problem.

As for individual control and master on/ off, you could wire all of your dimmers to the load side of a single pole switch.

Outlet placement looks ok. You'll need a receptacle in the ceiling where the projector is ( unless it can be hard wired). I would also urge you to place an empty conduit from your TV location to your equipment setup. Even if you never use it, you won't regret it. If you do, well, there it is. Trust me, things always come up in cabling and technology advancements that will lend credence to this.
That's all I have. Looks good. Have fun with it!:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.