Two outlets died at the exact same time, but others on the same circuit did not.
I had lights plugged into both of the outlets in my garage and when I clicked the button for the garage door, after slightly less than a second, the outlets died, but the garage door continued to work. I've flipped all of the breakers, off and on, although none were tripped. I've tried different devices on each outlet, and neither work. Neither have any buttons on the front indicating that they had built in surge protectors. I've check for loose wires, but there are none.