Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-19-2009, 10:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Help please...thx you!

hello... i have a 6x10 mobile shed for shave ice business, and i am connecting a (small) AC unit, 5 cubic freezer, small water pump (for fresh water tank), ice shaving machine, interior lights, 6+ gallon water heater... My friend has the same unit with all the same equipment running to a breaker box that runs everything to a generator...but he also is able to run a three prung 30 amp 120v rv cord to a building to run everything if he doesn't have his generator with him from time to time... My question is how does he have all of his equipment wired at the breaker box so he is able to run his equipment from a cord to a building if he doesn't have his generator with him to run his equipment? How is all six pieces of equipment wired to breaker box then from there how can he run one cord if need be to a building/outlet and run everything without blowing a fuse or fuses? Can someone help please! Is there a drawing or diagram/schematic? hope you understand my question? thanks Adrien

iusetodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:00 AM   #2

Help please...thx you!

I doubt that he will find a 30A 120V outlet in any normal bldg., not a common receptacle. 30A 240V probably.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #3

Help please...thx you!

If he's your friend why don't you talk to him and have him explain how he's doing that and have him show you.
He probably has an outlet at his house (RV OUTLET 30 AMP 120V) which he plugs into and when he goes on the road he has the generator on that powers the rig.

Like the other person said the RV outlet is rare to find just any where.

He has c circuit box inside the rig and the cord powers it just like a breaker box at home then it is distributed the circuits for the various appliances.
When the generator runs he probably has a transfer switch that lets the generator power the the box.
SULTINI is offline   Reply With Quote