DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   Help with a light switch (

Sliding Man 07-19-2007 08:11 AM

Help with a light switch
I have 3 light switches in my home that can control up to 8 (or 9?) ceiling lights through out the house. They have a rocker switch on the left side and a knob on the right side that goes from 1 to 8 (9?). They control the kitchen, hall, a bedroom, laundry and side door lights. Do they have a particular name? I drew a picture of what they look like. I need to buy a cover for one and a knob for another.

frenchelectrican 07-19-2007 12:21 PM

Those are Low Voltage switching devices.

I think GE still make them and also Lutron i am not sure if they make that also.

what you have to look at the low voltage device switching device what you have to do is look for the manufacter name it will stamped somewhere on the steel frame i am sure it will show up one way or other but once i know which one you have then i can able steer ya to correct driection

Merci , Marc

Sliding Man 07-19-2007 10:55 PM

All three of them are covered with paint so I'll have to chip that away before I can see anything. Thanks for the reply.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.