Help - Can't Find The Correct Low Voltage Lighting Transformer - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help - can't find the correct low voltage lighting transformer

We have lights installed under our kitchen cabinets and the low voltage transformer in one of them is going bad. It's a 12.8V Model DR16S (not even sure who the manufacturer is though), but I can't seem to find it anywhere? Who sells these components?

Thanks - Best regards,
Sherm

Advertisement

Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,490

partsexpress.com, or even Radio Shack may be able to order through their parts system. Also check with the manufacturer of the lights.

Advertisement

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
CodeEnforcer

Rewards Points: 75

Your under cabinet lighting is manufactured by Kichler Lighting. You could probably call their tech support and order a new transformer.(www.kichler.com)
HIVOLT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIVOLT View Post
Your under cabinet lighting is manufactured by Kichler Lighting. You could probably call their tech support and order a new transformer.(www.kichler.com)
Yep, exactly! I may have a problem though. After posting this thread, I found this ... http://forum.doityourself.com/lighti...on-lights.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMike
I have the exact same problem, exact same model. I trouble shot every link from the switch to the light bulbs. I dismantled the light to a point and turned it on. I wiggled every connection in the light itself and only when I pressed on the black transformer (put pressure on it) did the light come on. It stayed on all day. I turned it off that night when I went to bed.

Next day, flip the switch and nothing. Press on the black transformer in the light housing and it comes on. So....it's definately the transformer.

I'm in the process of finding just the transformer as there is no need to replace the whole fixture.

Light: K-10566-WH
Transformer: DR16S

If I can find an exact replacement it's a piece of cake to swap out. The transformer is about half the size of a deck of cards and is held in place by double sided tape. A couple of wire nuts and it's done.

Now to shop.
And, there was no solution posted. I've already done a pretty good amount of searching ... so, I may actually have to buy another light!?

Last edited by Sherm; 03-24-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote