I'm not sure I can use my free heater. Please help with info. I was told that the heater came off a large printer. Inside the heater housing are three small fans. Each fan has the following on it: 220V-50Hz 24W, 230V-60Hz 22W, 220V-50Hz 22W, 208/230-60Hz 22W. To each fan is attached a red, black, and green wires.
Coming into the box are red, black, green, orange and brown wires. All are stranded and appear to be 14 ga.
The heater coil is attached to the brown and orange wires.
1. I assume the data on the fan indicates that it can be used on any of the listed voltages?
2. With the information given, can voltage be identified as a single phase or 3 phase?
3. I thought that the wires would have been heavier ga. to power a heater?
4. Is there any way I can determine wattage of heater?
5. If it is single phase, what type of 220 plug can I use to power coil and fans?