Halogen Light Compatible With Juno 25W-WH (6" Recessed) - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Halogen light compatible with Juno 25W-WH (6" recessed)

I am planning to install several Juno IC22R (remodel, insulation contact rated) 6" cans in the ceiling. I like to use the 25W-WH baffle/trim to go with it. However, when I tried to find the bulbs that are compatible with it, there is some conflicting information from Juno and a few retailers. Hope someone can definitively answer this question for me.

The IC22R can is rated to handle at least up to 90W halogen bulbs. Each of the compatible trims has a separate compatible list of bulbs. For 25W-WH,the max listed at Juno's website is 65W PAR38 (http://www.junolightinggroup.com/Att...%20Baffles.pdf). However, when I went to the local retailer, they pulled out a printed catalog and that says the max for this baffle is 50W PAR30. I looked around on the web and found several online retailers that claim that I ca use 90W Par38 with this baffle/trim with IC can (http://www.galesburgelectriclighting...at=775&page=1; http://www.beverlyhillselectric.com/juno25.html).

I am planning to get either a 65W par38 (less commonly available) or a 75W par38 (easily available) but want to make sure the 75W par38 is indeed compatible with the trim. How do I go about confirming who is right and who isn't? I'm assuming certain baffle/trims are rated for lower capacity than the can rating to ensure the baffle/trim doesn't catch fire. Is that right?

Advertisement

rational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #2

Maybe I can ask a simpler question. If the can is rated for a certain wattage, can I go ahead and use a compatible bulb as long as it fits in the baffle (par 38 and br40 worked for the 25W-WH)?

I saw some article suggesting that the "compatible bulbs" listed for baffles/trims are listed to suggest the best lights to go with the baffle/trim. Each type of baffle/trim is designed with an application in mind, so the bulbs should complement them for best effect.

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #3

I called Juno's technical support line and they told me that their website has been updated with up to date lamp compatibility, so the link I posted above to 6" baffle/trim specs is accurate.

The rep clearly told me I can only go upto 65W par38 for 25w-wh/ic22r combo -- just as stated on their website. Their printed catalog is out of date, hence the confusion that prompted me to verify.

Hope this helps someone else out there