Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #1

Share |
Lightbulb

Half the lights on outdoor lighted reindeer decorations are out; how can I fix them?

I have two animated outdoor lighted reindeer decorations that I bought last year and when I put them out this year I discovered that only half the lights work. One of them was like that as soon as I plugged it in and the other one became that way as well after about 15 minutes. I bought a "Light Keeper Pro" tool that's supposed to fix Christmas lights but it did not solve the issue. Also, when I tested out the unlit bulbs with the bulb tester it said they were working. I also tried replacing the fuse which still didn't get the bulbs lit. I can't buy new reindeer either since every store within 100 miles is apparently completely sold out of them so I've got to make these ones work somehow but I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Any suggestions?

unlitreindeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #2

Half the lights on outdoor lighted reindeer decorations are out; how can I fix them?

I have had good luck with a light keeper pro. If you have tried that, and checked fuses, and confirmed no missing bulbs, then my suggestion is to simply add a new string of lights to your reindeer structure. Life is too short to spend hours troubleshooting a 2-dollar set of Christmas lights.

oberkc is offline   Reply With Quote