I did some work in my kitchen today and thought I might have hit a line with a screw. I hooked a light back up that I had disconnected and it wouldn't work. It was getting power but the neutral was hot also. This light is getting power from a gfci outlet. I tested the outlet and the neutral wires were hot too. Anything plugged into it didn't work. This is when I though I hit a wire and shorted something. I thoroughly check everything and didn't find any hit wires. I then checked the gfci outlet and it turned out that was it. Is this common for them to go like this? When I plugged a radio into it for a test I got a slight shock. Strange.