Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #1

Share |

generator

got me a 10,000/(8,000 run) some 5 months ago, it just dawned on me, I haven't done MUCH yet as far as prepping it for ready! I DID get it out, put wheels on, run it, fil tank, and stabil, etc, but that's it. I noticed I really don't have too many 110 outlets on there and can't see a bunch of cords all over either! so.. I am looking at getting it hooked in. I just got the Nat. gas conversion, now am looking at codes for electrical.. I see these linkage switches.. ( dammit the name has SLIPPED!)(getting old sucks!) it appears they are a cheaper and SAFE way to avoid a transfer switch. That way appeals to me for a FEW reasons. one being that with THAT I can power IN to my panel, compared to having to re route all circuits I would ever want powered via generator, to the transfer sub panel. one question I have, that I thought I might get some comments on, is..
the INTERLOCK.. ( it JUST came to me!.. yay!!), appears to be just as SAFE and in one way, they seem to be code, but then I thought I read somewhere that any device performing operations as this would be needs to do it "even when the panel COVER is removed". I can't see HOW that could be with these interlocks?

sixty7flh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, interlock, transfer switch.