Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #1

Share |

Garage door problem - not closing completely

I have a Stanley UT405.B09 garage door opener. The problem started recently, the garage door is not closing completely. When I reset the Full Up and Pull down positions, it works fine for 1 or 2 open/closings. Then it starts to open up more than the set position and closes higher than the set position (slightly above the ground). Subsequent opening will open the door more further and closing will stop the door more higher than the prevoius closing.
At that stage, I need to reset the Full up and Pull down positions again.
I really appreciate your help in diagnosing the problem.
Francis

francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #2

Time for a Liftmaster!

bobelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #3

See pages 17-18 of the manual; gives instructions on how to set the system properly"
http://www.manualsonline.com/ex/thre...Thread/1245962
bob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #4

Thank You Bob22 for the reply.
The previous owner of the house had installed the garage door opener in 2000. I live in the house since 2004. I have the manual that you suggested in your reply. I had reset the system a few times during the last few years according to the manual. It worked properly.

I noticed a month ago that the garage door is not closing fully. On resetiing the system according to the manual, it works fine for the first few openings/closings. Then on openig the garage door, it starts to move up more than the set position and on closing it stops before completely closing the door.
francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
" Euro " electrician

If I recall it correct you may have a sliding cam lever or " finger " it may got bended out of the correct postion which I have see it once a while this is true with much older units.

So you can try to rebend the lever or finger back to correct postion but make sure you unplug the garage door opener first.

Once you get that done first thing is test the door by manually it should not have much effort to either close it or open up if not running smooth that will be good time to deal with it first before you mess around the GDO once you get the door working fine manually then work on GDO with adjustment on both open and close postion.

Merci,
Marc
frenchelectrican is offline   Reply With Quote