Furnace Issues - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Furnace Issues

HEY THERE I JUST MOVE INTO MY NEW HOME MARCH 2008 , WHILE CLEANING UP THE BASEMENT THE OTHER DAY I NOTICED , ON THE CEMENT FLOOR (BEHIND THE FURNACE IT IS ALL WET) NOT A PUDDLE BUT WHEN I PUT MY FINGER ON IT , IT WAS WET, I AM SINGLE MOM AND REALLY DONT WANT TO HAVE TO HIRE SOMEONE $$$$$$ TO COME LOOK AT IT ,, CAN ANYONE SUGGEST TO ME WHAT THIS MAY BE !! I WILL TAKE PICS AND POST THEM ON HERE TOMORROW ASWELL SO THAT IF SOMEONE COULD ASSIT ME THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED,

Advertisement

HEMIGURL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
DIY'er

Rewards Points: 1,000

Furnace Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIGURL View Post
HEY THERE I JUST MOVE INTO MY NEW HOME MARCH 2008 , WHILE CLEANING UP THE BASEMENT THE OTHER DAY I NOTICED , ON THE CEMENT FLOOR (BEHIND THE FURNACE IT IS ALL WET) NOT A PUDDLE BUT WHEN I PUT MY FINGER ON IT , IT WAS WET, I AM SINGLE MOM AND REALLY DONT WANT TO HAVE TO HIRE SOMEONE $$$$$$ TO COME LOOK AT IT ,, CAN ANYONE SUGGEST TO ME WHAT THIS MAY BE !! I WILL TAKE PICS AND POST THEM ON HERE TOMORROW ASWELL SO THAT IF SOMEONE COULD ASSIT ME THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED,
You need to watch / look closely and find out where the water is coming from. Are there pipes or drains in the area that could be leaking? A humidifier attached to the furnace that may have the water supply leaking or it's drain may have a problem and be leaking or it may be plugged and be overflowing. The furnace needs to be able to put water down the drain that is produced while it is running, make sure where ever this tube is connected from the furnace to the drain that it is not leaking. There could be a crack in the floor or wall that is allowing water to be pushed in.

Much more information is needed for us to make an educated guess at what is wrong, but I would say that it is likely not an electrical problem. _ Plumbing or HVAC would likely be better area to post in.

Solving the problem is likely going to be something simple, like tightning a clamp on a hose or something like that. It is very likely something we can walk you through. However it is the trouble shooting that take some time and effort on your part, once you figure out what is going on, the fix is easy. I mentioned a number of things above that you can look at, I would start there, and if you can post pictures, please do.

Good Luck
Jamie

Advertisement

jamiedolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

Furnace Issues

HVAC will get you more replies, maybe hvaclover would help you.

Many more hvac related helpful people in that forum.

I think it might just be the humidifier drain, check for leaking humidifier supply lines.
rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote