I want to power up my garage and have some questions I hope someone can help me with. would like to run the
1. I would like to run the feed out of my cottage and run it in a conduit alongside the cottage about 2 or 3 feet above ground level. Is that OK
2. I will then run the feed again through a conduit into the ground to a depth of about 2 feet. Then run the cable (U rated) without a conduit 2 feet deep up to the garage. Then pull the cable through a conduit up to the side of the garage and into the panel.
3. I only need 3 circuits in the garage so am thinking that a 40 amp breaker should suffice.
4. Due to cost I thought I would run aluminum wire. What gauge would I need for this 4 amp circuit and is aluminum OK for this application..
5. Finally can I attach the aluminum wire to normal breakers that would normally have copper wire as long as I put that wire treatment on them.
THanks for all your help. If there is anything I forgot that you notice please let me know. Again thanks and man this is a great site.