DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Extension cord for my chainsaw

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  SeniorSitizen 
#1 ·
What extension cord would work with my electric chainsaw?

I have a Poulan PL1514 14" electric chainsaw (1.5 HP 8 Amps).

#6 ·
Hey Fly
Changing the subject just a couple of chips, just in case you are new to electric saws, these little electrics need some internal attention occasionally. It seems the cooling fan draws oily chips and dust in that inhibits cooling and heavier cords like my 12 gauge extensions didn't help in this instance.

I bought this one at an auction and used it for a short while before an obvious smell reared it's ugly head. Opening it up I found a mess. Like I was once told, blame the previous owner. :laughing:

Attachments

#9 ·
Clean it out after every use, wipe down with a shop towel. I use the paper shop towels, that you can get from the local auto parts store, farm & home, Sam's club, Costco, etc.. If storing for a long period, drain all the oil out, take the covers off to remove as much wood debris as you can. Als keep the chain sharp, do not let it dig into dirt.

I only use Carbide chains on my Stihl 180. They will cut through anything, are always sharp.

#11 ·
A large percent of the debris can be prevented from entering the air inlet by fabricating a low restrictive air filter such as spun fiberglass like used in HVAC applications. And that won't make it run hot because I'll not be operating it for prolonged periods in 90° plus temperatures.

On my saw, due to the enjineeeering, the air inlet is in close proximity to the chain chip and dust discharge. I just couldn't get much worse even with careful thought.:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.