Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Elite Miracle One Gate PROBLEM

I have an Elite Miracle One residential gate opener. My remote control opens & closes the gate, but only slightly, then stops in motion. You have to go through about a 5-15 minute process of constantly pushing the remote control button before it completely opens or closes. My control board is a master. When I looked at it, the BAT LOW LED light is lit. My question is, which battery needs to be changed or is it a fuse that needs to be replaced? I've changed remote control batteries already...obviously that wasn't the solution. So what does the BAT LOW light mean?

Skye70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #2

Dumb question, are u sure u have 120volts at the control board...

heartlessmcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to heartlessmcfly For This Useful Post:
mpoulton (08-20-2012)
Old 12-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #3

Heartless....you really are! If I understood what the answer was to my problem, I wouldn't be here....DUH. I THOUGHT that's what this site was about. A "dumb question" as you put it, would be me having a question and NO HUMILITY to ask someone for help. Get lost, because apparently YOU don't know the answer either. Peace.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #4

Well, Heartless....I think by your last response with the personal insults and you have absolutely NO IDEA who you're really talking to, you're the one whose shown you "don't know anything"! The fact that you've taken my simple situation and turned it into a teenage chatroom dialogue shows your childlike mentality. This site is for mature adults. As I said...GET LOST! And don't bother harrassing me anymore responses...please, as I don't chat online with children! Thanks.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

Skye,
I don't think he was saying your question was dumb, but was saying to you, not to ask you a dumb question, but...
Anyhow, everyone relax.
Is there a battery backup for the system that drives the gate operator? Perhaps that battery is low?
Which model do you have? The company website has a slew of products and tough to help without knowing which one you have. Also, have you contacted the company directly? They should know what it means. They've a live chat option at:
http://chatserver.comm100.com/ChatWi...ype=1&byHref=1
bob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #6

Hey Bob...thanks for responding. Regarding the comment from "Heartless"...I think this person has a childlike mentality, as his/her response was totally uncalled for with all personal insults and name-calling, and that's not why I came to this site. I truly have an issue and thought I could get some educational feedback.

ANYWAY, I did call the company, and to make a long story short, kind of got the run-around. Yes, there is a battery backup. It's the Elite Miracle-One gate opener. To my knowledge, there's been a lot of issues with this type and they're not really selling them anymore; at least that's what I read that on a website. Re-reading my troubleshooting manual, it looks like it could be a fuse that's out, so I'm going to try that first and see if it makes a difference.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #7

I was wondering if you might be able to answer some pretty simple questions since it seems like you all are very familiar with these gate operators:

I have one of these gate operators installed on a double swing gate on my driveway (I guess this might be an Elite Miracle 2). Recently after 5 years in service my batteries began to drop voltage and the gate operator was giving me a “battery low” LED and the gate would stop mid-operation. I replaced the stock 7.0 mAh 12V batteries with upgraded 8.0 mAh 12V batteries. They worked fine for a few weeks until one day I pressed the button and nothing happened. I opened the control box and saw that the 3-amp fast-acting fuse had blown. I replaced it and the same thing happened again. I checked all of the ground continuity and setup to make sure there were not any pinched wires. The ground works fine and everything checks out, but it keeps blowing the 3A fuse. The gate is not out of alignment and nothing has otherwise changed with the gate or the motors. The motors still run smoothly and do not make an abnormal noise. I am getting 27.3 volts coming off of the fully charged battery harness, which should be in the acceptable range for the 24V system. Do you have an idea of why the 3A fuse might be blowing? Do you think either my Q311 surge suppression board or Q223 control board is shot only after 5 years of service?

I see that there are some replacement Q223 control panels but they are $200, which is quite an investment for a discontinued product.
Any feedback you might have is greatly appreciated. I am kind of at a dead end here. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by billyloon; 08-20-2012 at 05:42 PM.
billyloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
Semi-Pro Electro-Geek

I'd recommend installing a 5A slow-blow fuse and seeing what happens. I know it's very bad troubleshooting practice to do that, but there's no real indication that anything is wrong with your opener other than the fuse blowing. It functions properly otherwise. It's unlikely to cause any further damage to your opener if there actually is a fault, and it will give your opener a little bit more leeway for brief current surges before blowing the fuse. It may be something as simple as the gate hinges are a bit rusty or there's a hedge rubbing on the gate and causing the actuator to draw more current in operation. I'd replace the fuse, check all the mechanical parts, lube anything that can be lubed, and try again. If it blows a 5A slow-blow fuse after checking all the mechanical parts, then you've got an electrical problem.

Last edited by mpoulton; 08-20-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Stupidity.
mpoulton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoulton View Post
I'd recommend installing a 5A slow-blow fuse and seeing what happens. I know it's very bad troubleshooting practice to do that, but there's no real indication that anything is wrong with your opener other than the fuse blowing. It functions properly otherwise. It's unlikely to cause any further damage to your opener if there actually is a fault, and it will give your opener a little bit more leeway for brief current surges before blowing the fuse. It may be something as simple as the gate hinges are a bit rusty or there's a hedge rubbing on the gate and causing the actuator to draw more current in operation. I'd replace the fuse, check all the mechanical parts, lube anything that can be lubed, and try again. If it blows a 5A slow-blow fuse after checking all the mechanical parts, then you've got an electrical problem.
Thanks for the help! I will check it out and give it a shot this weekend and report back status in case others are having this same problem.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #10

Turns out that the 3A fuse was blowing because of a bad Q311 surge protector board. I think the root cause was one of the wires going from the surge/power board to one of the gate motors was shorted from continued handling during troubleshooting. I tightened the connection and tried it with a different surge board and everything works fine. Had to get a new surge board because the old one was shot. The control board was fine. Thanks again for all of your help!

The Following User Says Thank You to billyloon For This Useful Post:
mpoulton (09-09-2012)