Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #1

Share |

Electricity useage and well pumps.

Alright guys, I have a question for ya. My electricity bill really doesn't waver much at all which I find somewhat odd. I would assume my useage would be lower when not using the furnace etc.. but the one constant is that I have well water. Are well water pumps known for lots of current/electricity draw?

It's not that I can't afford the bill, but just wondering if I should start looking for a problem that is causing the kwh to remain pretty darn stable regardless of whether my lights are on or not. Heck, could be a buried cable in the yard that is damaged that I am not aware of.

What is a typical kwh for a well pump to use? I don't know the depth or HP of the pump. I am considering systematically shutting off circuits and watching the meter for a dramatic change.

Thanks!

Evan
240sx4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #2

Some utilities just charge an average rate for your usage. (history). My meter has not been read physically for over 5 years. I have a regular meter and they have to come up with a charge every month. They say my meter is a special meter and they can read it from the street. I know better.
I am not sure if I should push this issue or let it go?
J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #3

I have the type of meter they can read from the street, which was put in last year. My rates didn't change when the meter did.
240sx4u is offline   Reply With Quote