Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Electrician - WorthWhile ?

Im at college and have an apprenticship but i find working with somebody easy but at colelge doign practical tasks are hard as nails. Did anybody else find it difficult and if they did are they glad they stuck with being al electrician. Is it a good job ?

Deano710Sparkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Deano, I am sorry in advance because I do not know how to say this in a subtle way.

You are in college, but you cannot write anything better than an incomprehensible run on sentence???? You did not even bother to proof read your own post, and left all those mistakes??????

Dude, you need to sweep floors at the fast food place long enough to learn some work ethics and pride in doing a job.

I know that this is just an internet forum, but it is also an example of how much pride you take in yourself and your statements.

Good luck, I would not hire the current you.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
Licensed Electrical Cont.

Rewards Points: 2,110

Deano,
I was NOT college material. I was work material. I do wish I would have at least taken some college courses in business, marketing, etc. That would have helped in the real world.

Do I like what I do? Hell yes! Could I be some cubicle, or even office, dweller? HELL NO!
IMO it's what's in you. Sure you can ask what others think. You'll get all sorts of opinions. Many guys will say they like it, but will do anything to keep their kids out of the trades. This is a real nice attitude in today's world. Who is going to do our work in 20-30 years??? I make the prediction that the skilled trades will be in high demand in years to come, and not that many years at that. This will bring a premium for the right contractors since there will be so few real and good quality contractors to go around.
I would love my son, and even my daughter, to follow in my footsteps. I can see it in my son already, and he is only 8. My daughter is just like my wife, and at 12 I can see the teacher in her already.

I take PRIDE in my work. I take PRIDE in the relationship I have with my customers and co-workers. I have become good friends with quite a few from both groups.
I would be even more proud to see my son doing the same thing in 20 years.

I also have to say, JW is correct. I know this is "just an internet board", but how you express yourself, even with something as trivial as typing, makes a real impression.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
Eibwen

Rewards Points: 500
Thumbs up

As I always say..."If it were easy anybody would do it"

Being a "Spark" is a good trade and will provide a good living for you and your family.

Value the education both on the job and in class. ASK questions, study hard and take extra classes if needed. The rewards will take you as far as YOU want to go.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote