Electrical Switching Through Relays - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Electrical switching through relays

I have seventeen ligt circuits,which are split up through three single channel time clocks.Time clock one feeds one contactor,time clock two feeds three contactors and time clock three feeds five contactors.My problem is i also have three switch wires which need to turn on certain lights early in the morning if someone turns up before the time clocks kick in.The active to the switches is feed from the same control circuit as the time clocks.What i need though is two of the switches i need to turn on come from t/c 3 and one switch comes from t/c two.If my sw feeds the coils it turns on all the other contactors from the same t/c,as they are all looped.And if i take the feed from the t/c out of the contactor coil that feeds the light and replace it with the s/w, then the lights can only be turnned on by the switch.What i really need is to be able to switch these individual lights on without switching anything else,but also need the t/c to still switch them on if the switch has not been manually turnned on,and also need the t/c to turn them of at the right time if the switch hasnt been turnned of at the end of the day.I know i need relays to do this,but havent been able to draw this up with any success.If any ideas out there or any diagrams.I would like to here or see them.Cheers

Advertisement

johnny k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Electrical switching through relays

Quote:
The active to the switches is feed from the same control circuit as the time clocks.What i need though is two of the switches i need to turn on come from t/c 3 and one switch comes from t/c two.
I'm confused by you saying the switches are going through the contactors.

Are you saying that the lights that the switches need to turn on are presently going through the contactors?

Install another contactor(s) for the light switch(es) to control, and parallel the lights you want the switch to control through it. That way, either their original t/c contactor or the light switch contactor will turn them on.

For a drawing, please provide more info.

Advertisement

Last edited by williswires; 11-03-2010 at 09:52 PM.
williswires is offline   Reply With Quote