DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Electrical storm - outlets not working

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  SG94 
#1 ·
We had an electrical storm a couple days ago where the power was out for a little while. When it came back on, 4 of the outlets in our kitchen no longer work. I looked at the box in the basement, and nothing has been tripped. What should be the next step? I don't want to replace the outlets if it's probably something else that's been damaged. Yet, I don't want to call an electrician if it's something really simple that I just overlooked. Thanks.

#3 ·
What do you mean "somewhere in the kitchen?" None of the switches were tripped in the electrical box. There are two labeled "kitchen outlets", and I moved them off and back on, but nothing changed. Should I look somewhere else? Thanks again.

#4 ·
A GFCI receptacle has two buttons, one labeled "test" and one labeled "reset". There should be two in the kitchen somewhere along the countertop, although if it is an older house, there may only be one and it may be somewhere else in the kitchen. When you find it, try pressing the "reset" button and see if power is restored.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.