Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #1

Share |

electric/water lines same wall

Im remodeling my kitchen, Im moving my sink about six feet to the left so it's in a corner. My stove is going to be where my sink was. I was going to install an in the wall outlet for the stove but it is going to be about two inches above the hot and cold water pipes that lead into the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The water supply for the kitchen sink or juts to the left on the other side of that stud wich I cut down and re-piped to the corner Is that going to be a problem, should I just switch back to a floor mount for the stove

jebsr926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Licensed electrician

If you can fit the box into the stud cavity and properly secure the cable you are fine.

I would check the installation instructions for the stove to make sure there will not be any obstructions to prevent the receptacle from being located there. Most will show where a receptacle can be located.

jebsr926 (04-27-2010)
Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #3

Ok thanks, I have the box in place and I am just wating to put up dry wall it fits fine and the stove can be pushed up tight to the wall. I just need to relocate a few outlets again because my wife changed her mind again where the sink was going to be. Wished she did it before i put up the new drywall. thanks.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Licensed electrician

Did you also add or move the receptacles for the countertop so that no space is more than 2' from a receptacle and any countertop wider than 12" has a receptacle?

Scuba Dave has posted a diagram showing spacing requirements that you should be able to search for. Here is one courtesy of Mike Holt.

Last edited by Jim Port; 04-27-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Jim Port is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #5

I moved one from where the fridge used to a counter top hight. Now the sink is going to be there, so it's gotta be moved again. I added a box with power to a hight where we thought the stove hood vent was going to be but now cabinets are going to be there, so Im just going to leave the box in the wall but disconnect the power from it. I should be able to pull the wire out of the wall too without tareing down the new sheet rock. it's a small kitchen but each section of counter top will have an outlet

how far from the stove, and how far from the sink should outlets be placed

Last edited by jebsr926; 04-27-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: not enough info
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Licensed electrician

Dimensions from both the stove and sink are shown on the diagram.