First time poster here, hope to find some help to finish my summer project.
I demolished an old garage and built a new, larger one. I want to put a 100 amp breaker panel in the new building. I have a 200 amp panel in the basement of my house and plan to run the power from it. My plan is to run a 1 1/2" PVC rigid conduit from the exsisting panel the length of the basement, out through the wall, drop down 2' below grade and across the yard and up to enter the new building. About 75' total of PVC piping. In the PVC I will pull 3- #3 THHN conductors and 1- #6 THHN as a ground.
My questions are:
1. Is the grounding wire big enough?
2. Do I need to pull a bonding wire and if so what size?
3. Do I need a main breaker panel or a panel with main lugs in the garage?
4. Do I need to ground the new panel to a ground rod?
5. Is there a better way of doing this job?