Electric Fireplace Problems - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Electric Fireplace Problems

My family is having a problem with our electric fireplace. The heating element works, as does the lightbulb to illuminate the "fire" effect. However, there used to be a paper or something that would rotate to make it look like theres a burning fire. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Advertisement

me4jimmies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

http://mantelfactory.com

Advertisement

mantelfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #3

Does anyone know what the least expensive wood stove heater is and where I can get one? I found some nice ones by Lincoln Hearth Products, but they cost $200-$270. I am willing to sacrifice durability quality to pay less, any ideas?
rparten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparten View Post
Does anyone know what the least expensive wood stove heater is and where I can get one? I found some nice ones by Lincoln Hearth Products, but they cost $200-$270. I am willing to sacrifice durability quality to pay less, any ideas?
Not sure if you are looking for a electric/wood combination or a electric or wood heater. But I always thought the prices of the wood stoves for northern tool looked fair

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...egory_6970_122
Old 03-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4jimmies View Post
My family is having a problem with our electric fireplace. The heating element works, as does the lightbulb to illuminate the "fire" effect. However, there used to be a paper or something that would rotate to make it look like theres a burning fire. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem?
Some units I have seen had a paper roll of sort that rotated with different translucent colors on the to look somewhat like flame. I have seen others that had little rotating bladed that rotated from the heat of the light and heater that gave some what of a illusion that there were ambers in there. Ether way you will have to look at it a little and see if you can see what is missing or not working. If you find a model number maybe the manufacture has a web site that can give illustrations or some hints on how it suppose to function.