DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do it yourself books recalled!!!!

28K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Scuba_Dave 
#1 ·
#14 ·
I'm locking this thread
I'd like people to be able to find the info on the recalled books without going thru other posts

If there are other links/info that needs to be added please let a Mod know

Thanks

One more:
Wiring a House, 3rd Edition and Wiring Complete, Expert Advice from Start to Finish. This book was written by Rex Cauldwell.
Source: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09078.html

#11 ·
Quote from on of the sites

""On the one hand, the implications could be far-reaching," he said. "Home repair is one of those things that you can't learn out of a book. You need to be trained by an expert."
However, he noted, "the codes have changed a great deal, and the enforcement agencies know a lot more than they did 34, 35 years ago."
"Neither the Consumer Product Safety Commission nor Time would say precisely which wiring project, diagram or set of instructions is at issue.""

I think what should be stated Everyone has learned of dangers unknown years ago.

#13 ·
Some could be, however alot of code changes are due to safety issues. Example: 3 wire vs 4 wire on a druer and range. Also sub panels 3 wire to 4 wire.
In school 40 yrs ago they taught electricity is trying to find ground, not true its trying to find its source, it can go through ground to get there. It also takes all paths available to it to get there, Thats why grounds and neutrals are seperate in subpanels today.

Jus a few examples with not knowing any reasons for the recall.:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.