Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Dedicated Dishwasher circuit

Hello all.

I currently have a dedicated circuit to my dishwasher. A few weeks ago I noticed some of the jacket was cut about half way through the run. The insulation on the conductors was fine some I taped up the jacket and went on my way. Now, I need to move part of the run because I'm doing some remodeling.

The easiest thing for me to do would be to splice the line in a junction box (removing the part with the torn jacket) and run the rest of the wire via a route that is out of my way. I would obviously indicate on the junction box that it is a dedicated circuit and not to tap it. Not that it will stop any future idiot, but it will stop this idiot from tapping into it.

Is this allowed? Or should I just re-run the whole cable even though it'll take significantly longer?

Thanks!

benleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Licensed electrician

Rewards Points: 2,402

Dedicated Dishwasher circuit

As long as the JB remains permanently accessible and with a cover your plan is fine.