DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   cover for wiring/cable.. (

Jims69 10-09-2005 12:01 AM

cover for wiring/cable..
I need some help, my phone line was installed down the side of my house and is covered by what looks like a piece of pvc pipe that's been cut in half lengthwise to form a cover over the wiring. I need a piece of this to use as a curb or bumper for a floor area. what is that called or where can you get some, I need a piece about 10 feet long from a 2 inch pipe size. Thanks.

Mike Swearingen 10-12-2005 08:12 AM

Some places they're called a race or raceway for wiring. You can make your own if necessary with a length of gray PVC electrical conduit, table saw and a fine-tooth blade.
Good Luck!

Speedy Petey 10-15-2005 06:31 PM

I would not use PVC cut in half.
Go to an office supply store and get a piece of floor strip designed especially for this purpose. Wiremold is the largest and most popular manufacturer of this.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.