Constant And Switched Split Duplex Receptacle With 12-4 Cable - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 79

Constant and Switched Split duplex receptacle with 12-4 cable

Can I use 12/4 to wire 2 gang receptacle boxes with one constant hot receptacle, then break off the tab on the other receptacle in the same box and switch the top and bottom receptacle with two separate switches (A single pole and a 3-way). Here is the wire diagram that I am using and the example of what I want to do with the two gang box. I would pigtail off the hot in switchbox B to get the constant power to the constant hot receptacle and the 12-4 would replace the 12-3. Any problems with this?
Attached Thumbnails
Constant and Switched Split duplex receptacle with 12-4 cable-12-4-switched-constant-receptacles.jpg  
Attached Images

Advertisement

pex006 is offline   Reply With Quote