Circuit Breakers - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2004, 04:48 PM   #1

Question

Circuit Breakers

I am a complete novice when it comes to things electrical. I have a circuit breaker that operates the outside hot tub that is in the off position. When I flick it to the on position it does not stay there (does not trip, it is like there is no spring to keep it in the on position). Is this a worn circuit breaker? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2004, 09:11 PM   #2

Circuit Breakers

Sounds like the breaker is shot. Is the breaker a GFCI? Is it supposed to be? Does the tub have built-in GFCI protection? Are you plugged into a GFCI receptacle? Don't get fried in the tub by not having proper protection. Hire a pro if need be.

Advertisement

Old 03-04-2004, 08:13 PM   #3
Licensed Electrical Cont.

Rewards Points: 2,162

Circuit Breakers

To me it sounds like a tripped breaker.
When a breaker trips you must push it completely to the off position first, then back to the on position.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:58 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Circuit Breakers

Hi. Is anyone out there that can help me use this website? I am having difficulty trying to figure out the chatroom. Is there one general area? Please help, I am feeling very stupid (not to mention tired) right about now. Thanks
teriilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:49 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 500

Circuit Breakers

The name of the site is "chat room" but the site is actually a forum. sorry for the confusion.

We may switch the name to either
www.diyrepair.com or www.handymanforums.com in the near future to avoid this confusion.

Thanks.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote