DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Circuit BReaker Question - breaker didn't trip and no power thru the circuit

9K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  petey_c 
#1 ·
Hey Pros....
Similar to another post, here. My wife added a surge suppresser (plug in outlet type) to a bathroom plug (hairdryer, waterpick, etc.) and at some point, this afternoon, tripped the circuit. We didn't even know it was tripped because none of the appliances had been used, but could tell because the suppressor indicator was off. A quick check of the plugs showed no power.

When I checked the box, there was no tripped circuit breaker?!?!? I tried resetting it every time and there is still no power and no trip. Before I call someone in... I wanted to be certain it is not something staring me in the face.
Many thanks for your responses!:(

#3 ·
TazinCR, Bueno.
ronin_67, If the GFI isn't located in the bathroom, check to see if you have a GFI somewhere else that's tripped (kitchen, garage, outside, near the CB panel, etc.) Sometimes they'll put most of the required GFI locations under the protection of one GFI outlet/GFI breaker. Don't rely on a visual check of the breakers to see if they've tripped. Turn them all off then back on again (you can probably rule out the two pole breakers).
"I tried resetting it..." Do you mean the reset on the surge itself?
Good luck, pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.