Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #1

Share |

Ceiling fan

I am wiring in a ceiling fan to a 2 switch wall switch, incoming wiring has black, white, ground. Out to wall socket has black, white, red, and ground. I have run black incoming to black to wall switch, light wire(blue) from ceiling fan to red to wall switch, white wire from ceiling fan to white incoming, black wire(fan motor wire) to white outgoing to wall socket. Here's what's driving me crazy, in the wall socket there is another set of wires going to my kitchen lights, (black, white, and ground). How do I send power to the kichent light? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

snowcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #2

Ceiling fan

Any chance of a simple drawing of what wire goes were hard to follow just from reading

wallajon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wallajon For This Useful Post:
snowcam (11-13-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
UAW SKILLED TRADES

Ceiling fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcam View Post
I am wiring in a ceiling fan to a 2 switch wall switch, incoming wiring has black, white, ground. Out to wall socket has black, white, red, and ground. I have run black incoming to black to wall switch, light wire(blue) from ceiling fan to red to wall switch, white wire from ceiling fan to white incoming, black wire(fan motor wire) to white outgoing to wall socket. Here's what's driving me crazy, in the wall socket there is another set of wires going to my kitchen lights, (black, white, and ground). How do I send power to the kichent light? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You have a switch box and a wall socket and a ceiling fan. Did you install the switch box with the two switches, the wall socket and ceiling fan or were the switches already present. I suppose I'm not understanding where the wall socket comes into play. This is a typical drawing that is close to what you discribe.
Attached Thumbnails
Ceiling fan-ceiling-fan-4.jpg  
Stubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stubbie For This Useful Post:
snowcam (11-13-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #4

Ceiling fan

Hopfully this picture comes through. It will show you where I am with this.
Thanks again.
The problem I have is that I have a couple of kitchen light switches wired after the ceiling fan switches. I can wire the fan motor and ceiling fan light, but I'm not sure how to get power to the kitchen lights wired downstream from the ceiling fan switches. Any info would really help. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Ceiling fan-fan-drawing.jpg  

Last edited by snowcam; 11-13-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added drawing
snowcam is offline   Reply With Quote