My porch light stopped working a while ago. It is in the middle of a large (12'*15') porch with a finished room ontop of it so it's not getting wet. I took the fixture down and the hot wire is seperated. It looks like it burnt through (black marks around the disconnected area) in a seemingly random part of the line. It is older fiber wrapped wireing.
What would cause this?
sounds like a ceiling light that was wired with old cloth covered romex, or knob and tube wiring.
Heat from the lamp, over time causes this. The wiring in you house needs to be checked out for similar damage, and parts of the home may need to be re-wired.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.