Breaker Tripped And Light Popping - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Breaker tripped and light popping

Last week I experienced a tripped breaker in the kitchen (lights) which is also with the garage lights, garage door opener , alarm and a hallway. I reset the breaker and the next day it happened again. That evening while in the kitchen I heard a pop come from the light fixture. ( these lights are two pendant lights that the previous owner put in place of the flourescents that were there) Figuring the light bulbs (75 w) were too strong of a wattage for the light fixture I replaced them with 43 w. I then heard a pop when I turned them on. Concerned I called an electrician and he came out this morning and he found nothing wrong. He said the breaker was good, the light switch was fine with no wires touching and the light fixtures wires that are connected in the ceiling looked fine. He said possible problem could be in the wires that are covered by a decorative rod iron leading from the top of the fixture to the bulb...He asked me to call him if it happens again because he may be able to tell more if the breaker is tripped.. ( I'm not understanding how that can tell him where the problem is ?? ) This makes me nervous and unsettled that the lights and switch pop and trip the breaker with no visible signs...Also, the past week everything has been fine..no breaker trip or popping...PS... it seems these light bulbs burn out really quick in these pendant fixtures.. Is it possible to overheated the light bulb/fixture to cause the breaker to switch...

Advertisement

Carolina Girl is offline   Reply With Quote