Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
Ski

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

Bracket to Ceiling mount a Wall mount floodlight

I have a wall mount heat/motion sensor utility flood light I was planning to install in place of an existing loght and when looking at the existing flood light I just noticed it was a ceiling mounted box to which the light is fastened. The new light is a wall-mounted style. Is there a bracket available to allow me to install the wall mount light using the ceiling mounted electrical box? The other exterior flood lights which have ceiling mounts (like the one I am trying to replace) are not the style I wanted, and the bright halogen light I want to use seems to only come in a wall mount style. Any ideas? Can I make a bracket myself easily?

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,008

Bracket to Ceiling mount a Wall mount floodlight

The reason you are having this issue is the new light is probably not rated for outdoor use. They do make a universal plate that will work with most any box. Usually ceiling boxes are octagon shaped or the mud ring will be round.
You may be able to take the existing box down and start from scratch. Go to a lighting store or your local HD or Lowes and you can find this plate in the lighting/fan section. I bought one last week.
Look at the options for boxes that will accommodate your fixture. Bring fixture and box if possible. You will get it resolved with no problem.

J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling mount, mounting bracket, wall mount