Bedroom light won't turn off, HELP!
Yesterday my boyfriend went to flick on the bedroom light (ceiling light, switch in the wall, typical) and it blacked out the power in the whole house. He went down to the basement and turned it back on via the box. He just told me the bedroom light that caused the problem has been stuck on ever since. It won't go off. I'm a paranoid person by nature but I'm worried! Is it a fire hazard? Until I can get somebody in here tomorrow to look at it? (Assuming somebody replies before then.)
Since we moved in here a year ago (this is an old house, we rent it) I have seen an outlet throw sparks, my microwave throw sparks, and when we first got here I noticed part of an outlet had melted at some point.
I'm too nervous to go to sleep if this is dangerous. Please reply.