Bedroom And Bath Circuit Requirements? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 254

Bedroom and bath circuit requirements?

It seems that the kitchen requirements are pretty readily available to find. I have lots of holes in our basement ceiling to cover all of the required circuits for that. While I have made a disaster I'm thinking about running a few cold lines so we do not have to do that again. We may, or may not finish our 2nd floor but if we do, I would anticipate 2 bedrooms and a bathroom... any way to know how many circuits that might require?

Advertisement

pcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Electrical Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,324

The bathroom is a seperate circuit. You can cover everything in the bath. You can put both bedrooms on a single circuit if you like. This is assumming that you have normal loads in both areas.

Advertisement

Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Licensed Electrician

Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcampbell View Post
It seems that the kitchen requirements are pretty readily available to find. I have lots of holes in our basement ceiling to cover all of the required circuits for that. While I have made a disaster I'm thinking about running a few cold lines so we do not have to do that again. We may, or may not finish our 2nd floor but if we do, I would anticipate 2 bedrooms and a bathroom... any way to know how many circuits that might require?
Those are spare circuits. One 12 gage dedicated for the bathroom. Another 12 gage for the bedrooms receptacle outlets. One 14 gage for the upstairs lighting. Good idea on your part to look ahead. Mark the wires and leave them outside the panel until needed.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

JRCLEN said it right!
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote