Bathroom Light Fixture Installed? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Bathroom Light fixture installed?

I just replaced the single light fixture over our bathroom sink with 2 separate fixtures, one over each sink. I ran the wire out to one of the light boxes, and connected it there to a new wire out to the other box, as well as to the light over that sink.

Is this an acceptable method of splitting the wire? It seems a little tight behind that one fixture. Should I instead reopen the wall and install a junction box and run the wire out to each fixture from the jbox?

Thanks.

Mike

Advertisement

Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Licensed electrician

Rewards Points: 2,868

You can reroute the original cable into one of the boxes and then jumper to the other fixture or use the existing box and drop a cable out to each fixture.

Either way the boxes need to be properly sized for the number of conductors. The splice box cannot be buried in the wall and must remain permanently accessible.

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Port View Post
You can reroute the original cable into one of the boxes and then jumper to the other fixture or use the existing box and drop a cable out to each fixture.

Either way the boxes need to be properly sized for the number of conductors. The splice box cannot be buried in the wall and must remain permanently accessible.
That's what I did, the new box had access for up to 4 conductors, thanks for the quick response.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote